Monday, February 4, 2019

About Gabbard and Harris as 2020 approaches

I'm writing this one to put on display my reaction when a good twitter friend of mine wrote that Tulsi Gabbard--whom you almost certainly know is running for the Democratic nomination--is too cozy with authoritarian types. Know that I don't disagree with that observation.

But here is the rest of what I had to say in response to what he wrote:

But Gabbard also tends to fall off the other end of the pier. She is a Democrat but is sympathetic to the kind of "progressives" who are often passively-aggressive and strident in their criticisms of the Dem party. Mostly for not being pure enough.

It makes me think she's making it all up as she goes along. I think she's mostly an opportunist and will be whatever she thinks we want her to be if it would help her get the nomination. 

Hillary--whom I adore--also had this pliability. She was, it's true, a consummate politician. But somehow that made her a witch and a pariah in the eyes of Republicans and even a lot of Dems--and almost all indies. 

Yet when Tulsi Gabbard or even Bernie, for that matter, show the same bent, the same skill set, no one says a word! 

I'm sick of this double standard under the big tent of the Democratic party and I'm not going to give a pass to Bernie or Tulsi or anyone on that. 

Now's not a bad time to say that I'm all in for Kamala Harris. I think she's just what we need going into 2020.

I'd very much like to see a Harris-O'Rourke ticket for this one.

And I'll work and contribute to help bring that into reality.



"Bulldog Ben" Basile


© 2019 Ben Lawrence Basile

No comments:

Post a Comment